Tackling the timber sales process on your own can be overwhelming. Additionally, if you aren’t looping in the professionals, you may not be maximizing your timber sales. Are you interested in selling timber on your property, but have no idea where to begin? Well, thanks to our team at Legacy Forest Management, there is no need for you to worry. We are proud to offer a full range of timber sales and admin services that you can easily tap into today.
Choosing the Right Timber Sales Team
When thinking about timber sales, don’t underestimate the importance of choosing the right team for the job. With more than 8 years of experience working with timber, Eric Olson, owner of Legacy Forest Management, lives and breathes forestry. With every project that we take on, we want to make sure that our clients’ goals are fully met. With prior experience working as a procurement forester for two different sawmills as well as working for an independent logging company, Eric has a unique skill set that is very hard to find in the area.
Personalized Timber Sales Setup & Administration
All of our clients are different, and so is the property that they own. For this reason, it is critical that Eric spends sufficient time up front with the client to ensure that we are helping them with their timber sales the best way possible. We provide our clients with a personalized forest management plan that is typically based on a sale harvest within 1-5 years. Additionally, we will work to schedule and sell your timber harvest. This professional process incorporates the following steps:
- Tree Marking – Using tree marking paint, we will mark your trees for harvest.
- Timber Cruise – The next step is for us to evaluate the timber resource by performing a timber cruise. We’ll determine an estimated volume of wood products from your marked trees. Additionally, we can provide a detailed breakdown of the particular species of timber that will be harvested, and we can even provide you an expectation of what timber products you can likely sell.
- Marketing – After the trees have been marked and we’ve got a game plan around what is going to be harvested, we then market your timber to the local sawmills and independent loggers.
- Develop Timber Sales Contract – After we’ve finalized a timber buyer, our staff will develop a timber sales contract which will be signed by both the landowner and logger.
- Oversight – Our work doesn’t stop until the entire project is complete. We will oversee the project to ensure that the logger or sawmill performs exactly what they agreed upon in the timber sales contract.
Building for the Future
Timber harvesting will only happen a few times during your lifespan, so if timber sales are something that you are serious about, it’s critical that you consult with a professional forest management team. We are here to help you build and plan for future generations. We’re confident that you will be pleased with the level of support that we’re able to provide you with your timber sales.
If you are interested in selling some of the timber on your land, there’s no better partner for you to work with than Legacy Forest Management. Our experience, passion for forestry and personalized timber sales setup and administration help provide our clients with the total package when it comes to their timber sales. To learn more about how we can help you with your timber sales, give us a call today at (608) 633-2288 or email email@example.com.